“That night has gone through my mind so many times,” Robert Wagner says of Natalie Wood’s death

VARIOUS

Once she reached her 40s and became a mom herself, Natasha Gregson Wagner had a newfound desire to rediscover her mother Natalie Wood — and protect her legacy.

Part of that was addressing the mystery of how she ended up in the waters off of Catalina Island in the early morning hours of Nov. 29, 1981, and addressing the painful speculation that Wood’s husband, Robert Wagner, the man who raised her and her sisters Katie and Courtney, had failed to save his wife and bore some kind of responsibility.

It’s a subject Natasha, 49, examines in her memoir More Than Love, excerpted in the current issue of PEOPLE, and the HBO documentary Natalie Wood: What Remains Behind, airing May 5.

“For so many years we were advised to ignore or not talk about it,” says Natasha. (Her biological father was Natalie’s second husband, Richard Gregson, and she calls both men her dad.) “But enough is enough. I know that if my mom had been in any kind of distress, he would have given his life for her.”

“It’s true,” Wagner, 90, says in a rare interview. “She said that because she knows me and she knows that I never would have done anything to hurt her mother.”

In the documentary, Natasha asks her father to describe what happened that night on their yacht, the Splendour, after he, Wood and actor Christopher Walken returned to the boat following a dinner offshore where they had all been drinking. He recounts the argument he and Walken had over how much Wood should work, during which she went below deck to bed.

When Wagner went to look for her, he saw that both the dinghy and Wood were gone. “Nobody heard anything,” he tells his daughter.

As they both fight back tears, he recounts the moment he was told they had found her body. “That night has gone through my mind so many times,” he says.

“If he hadn’t been able to go there, we would not have made the film,” says Natasha.

She acknowledges she’ll never know with “complete certainty” exactly how her mother ended up in the water because she was alone when she died. “It was a terrible, terrible accident,” she writes, “and the only thing to blame was too much alcohol that night.”

She hopes with both projects, the focus will now return to her mother’s life and work.

“Natasha really wanted to focus, not how Natalie left us, but how she lived,” says Wagner. “And I think she captured that. It was a long time coming and I’m so proud of her. Believe me, it wasn’t easy. It was something in her heart and soul that she wanted to do.”

“The Natalie Wood story is the story of Hollywood and the movies and the golden age of cinema,” says Laurent Bouzereau, who directed the documentary, “but really, it is the story of a family.”

Natalie Wood: What Remains Behind will premiere Tuesday, May 5 at 9 p.m. ET/PT, exclusively on HBO.

A tribute to the late Kobe and Gigi Bryant was defaced with graffiti … with the mural becoming a canvas for an apparent beef between street artists.

The vandalism was spotted recently … with a piece depicting the Lakers legend in uniform and kissing his young daughter on the cheek being covered in white paint and a graffiti tag.

Remembering Kobe Bryant

In the top corner, where the original artist’s name “Sloe Motions” appeared, it looks like someone scribbled out the tag and wrote “Keep running your mouth, p***y.”

That warning was also crossed out … with another message popping up underneath — “Leave a name, p***y! Don’t B scared.”

Kobe and Gigi art is common in L.A. following their tragic Jan. 2020 deaths — there are hundreds throughout the area alone — and while the city is no stranger to graffiti, it’s widely understood Bryant murals should go untouched.

Kobe Bryant Murals

No word on who was behind the vandalism … but it’s safe to say the culprit(s) not only pissed off the original artist, but the basketball community as well.

A fundraiser was launched to help restore the mural to its original form.

jeremy renner talking injury getty insta 1

Jeremy Renner is giving a shocking account of his near-fatal 2023 snowplow accident … saying at one point, he briefly died.

The Marvel star spells it all out in his new memoir, “My Next Breath,” detailing everything that came with getting mowed by a 14,000-pound snowplow.

jeremy renner new book 1

In an excerpt from the book, according to UsWeekly, Renner describes the agony he faced after saving his young nephew from the machine, lying helpless after breaking over 30 bones.

He says, “After about 30 minutes on the ice, of breathing manually for so long, an effort akin to doing 10 or 20 push-ups per minute for half an hour … that’s when I died,” adding, “I died, right there on the driveway to my house.”

Renner is confident he died … saying a neighbor saw him turn a “gray-green color” before he closed his eyes and his heart rate “bottomed out at 18.”

Jeremy recounts a sense of euphoria, claiming his life flashed before him, saying, “When I died, what I felt was energy, a constantly connected, beautiful and fantastic energy. There was no time, place, or space, and nothing to see, except a kind of electric, two-way vision made from strands of that inconceivable energy.”

jeremy renner in the hospital after snowplow accident

Almost like a scene from a movie … Renner explains he then felt a force telling him to not “let go,” and bringing him back to life.

The actor now sees his brutal accident as a “glory moment” and proudly touts that he “didn’t f***ing die.”

It’s been a miraculous road to recovery, no doubt … and Renner has every right to wear it like a badge of honor.

shannon sharpe getty 1

The lawyer representing the woman accusing Shannon Sharpe of rape will not be releasing the video that allegedly depicts the two engaging in sex … calling it “key evidence” in their case against the former NFL star.

Tony Buzbee tells TMZ Sports … he and his client — who filed a lawsuit against Sharpe earlier this month for sexual assault using the pseudonym Jane Doe — have zero plans right now to put the footage out to the media.

Shannon Sharpe Through The Years

“The only reason you know about the existence of a video recording is that Mr. Sharpe specifically referenced it in his bulls*** statement,” Buzbee said. “The contents of the video was shared during the mediation process with Sharpe’s attorneys. Again, Sharpe and his team disclosed that, not us. Sharpe himself was offered on more than one occasion to view it himself. He declined. We’ve never made any claims or threats about it and won’t do so.”

“And no,” he added, “we won’t be ‘releasing’ the video as it is key evidence in the case and will be treated as such.”

shannon sharpe airport sub backgrid

Sharpe first made reference to the video on April 22 — two days after Doe filed her suit. He stated in an Instagram post it’s “a 30-second clip of a sex tape that tries to make me look guilty and play into every stereotype you could possibly imagine.”

He then contended the vid “should actually be 10 minutes or so” — before he implored Buzbee to put it out to the public in its entire, unedited state.

Doe is suing Sharpe for $50 million … alleging he raped her on more than one occasion toward the end of their nearly two-year-long relationship. Sharpe and his legal team have been adamant the Pro Football Hall of Famer committed no wrongdoing — and they’ve repeatedly called her suit a “shakedown” attempt.

Sharpe has stepped away from his gig at ESPN while vowing to battle the “false and disruptive allegations set against me.”

Hader shares how Wong helped after his three kids became “very worried” about him — before praising his children for their resilience.

Bill Hader is opening up about how the devastation of the LA wildfires affected him.

The former Saturday Night Live actor recalled his experience for the first time on a recent episode of Conan O’Brien’s podcast, Conan O’Brien Needs A Friend, after his home was damaged in the blaze.

“There’s just devastation all around,” he said. “It was no good. I was just in total shock.”

Hader credits his “great support system of friends,” including his girlfriend, comedian Ali Wong — who helped him go shopping for new clothes.

“It was very sweet. It meant a lot to me,” he said. “My kids are like, ‘You’re living in your pajamas,’ they’re very worried. And I told her about that and she was like, ‘Let me take you to get some clothes.'”

Hader shares three daughters — Hannah, Harper and Hayley — with his ex-wife Maggie Carey.

While he said the hardest part was knowing his kids lost so much, he added they have been “resilient” through the whole situation.

“Everybody’s like, ‘Are you there for your kids?’ And it’s like, ‘No, I’m getting more from them,'” he said. “I’m so inspired by them and their ability to move and adapt and be positive.”

The actor was in Malibu at the time, along with Kristen Wiig and Fred Armisen filming a Volkswagen commercial, when the fires beginning ripping through the Pacific Palisades,

“Kristen [Wiig], that morning said, ‘There’s a really bad windstorm coming, I’m really concerned about fires.’ First thing she said to me. And then we’re shooting and I look up, I saw smoke and the guys go, ‘Oh, don’t worry, that’s in the Palisades.’ I go, ‘I live in the Palisades’, and it was just dead silence. Then I was like, ‘I got to go,'” he said.

When he arrived to his neighborhood, the only way he could access his home was to go up with a news crew.

“I just went up and I go, ‘I have medication’, which is true,” he insisted.

“I need to go and get it. And they said, ‘No, it’s too dangerous.’ And I saw news crews and I literally just went up to them and I was like, ‘you recognize me?'” he recalled. “And they were like, ‘no.’ And I was like, ‘all right, I go to the next one.'”

“I was like, ‘you recognize me?’ And the guy was like, ‘hey, no way. Hey, what’s going on?’ So that was the only way I could get up there was if I went up with the news crew,” he shared.

The 2025 Los Angeles wildfires caused significant damage and devastation to the community, claiming at least 29 lives, destroying over 16,251 structures, and burning over 57,000 acres.

Blake Lively was roasted by some eagle-eyed fans who noticed that she suffered a wardrobe malfunction while on the New York City red carpet for her new movie, “Another Simple Favor,” over the weekend.

The “Gossip Girl” star, 37, stepped out looking her best at the Jazz at Lincoln Center while wearing a blue gown with cutouts along the bodice that accentuated her figure.

Blake Lively was roasted for suffering an embarrassing wardrobe malfunction while walking the most recent “Another Simple Favor” red carpet.

Despite not a hair being out of place — and her makeup looking immaculate — some fans were more focused on how her spray tan had rubbed off her arms and onto her dress.

One person took to Instagram to comment on the look, writing, “The body make up all over her dress is sending me.”

“All the tanner stains around the armpit,” another pointed out.

“Gross, you can see her spray tan on her dress. Under the armpit. For a person who made fun of her co-star’s large nose (among various others she has publicly mocked), she has opened herself up to the same type of scrutiny,” a third person wrote on X, referencing the legal battle between Lively and Justin Baldoni.

“The body make up all over her dress is sending me,” one person wrote.

“Gross, you can see her spray tan on her dress. Under the armpit,” a second shared.

Others, however, could not care less about the stains and simply applauded how great she looked.

“She is perfection it’s unreal ,” one person commented under Page Six’s Instagram post.

A second one gushed, “Who is dressing her?!??! They deserve an award. She has slayed every red carpet, I am living for her hair!!!!”

“This dress is everything,” a third commented under a separate Instagram photo of Lively.

Lively stepped out on the red carpet with husband Ryan Reynolds.

She stars in the movie alongside Anna Kendrick.

Over the last few days, Lively has seemingly left her legal drama with Baldoni behind her as she focuses on promoting her new movie alongside Anna Kendrick.

For the most recent premiere, the “Age of Adeline” star stepped out with her husband of 13 years, Ryan Reynolds, as they put on a united front.

The couple, along with publicist Leslie Sloane, were sued for defamation and extortion by Baldoni — who starred in and directed “It Ends With Us” — after Lively accused him of sexual harassment.

Baldoni has shut down the allegations and the trial between the two co-stars is set to start in 2026.

Dua Lipa Wearing A Sheer Dress At The Chaplin Award Gala

Dua Lipa‘s latest outfit will get her fans feeling like they’re “Levitating” … ’cause she looked like she was floating while walking around New York City in a tight dress.

The singer-songwriter was out in the Big Apple Monday night for the 50th Chaplin Award Gala … wearing an all-black, slightly see-through ensemble that clung to her frame.

0429-Dua-Lipa-Wearing-A-Sheer-Dress-To-The-Chaplin-Award-Gala-primary-2

Dua’s skin seemed to show through the outfit … shining through the sheer material at her chest and hips.

DL added a massive gold piece of jewelry that hung down the center of her body, nearly reaching her navel.

dua lipa on stage at chaplin award gala getty 2

Dua wore the outfit to the gala honoring Oscar-winning director Pedro Almodóvar … and, she was one of the stars who took the stage to pay tribute to him.

The pop star posted praise for Pedro shortly after the event … calling it an honor to pay tribute to him and mentioning his “genius” and “spirit.”

She added, “Your art has shaped the way I see beauty, pain, and desire but it’s your friendship that I will carry with me always.”

Dua Lipa Performance Photos

Dua Lipa looked like art herself in her mesh ensemble … and, we’d guess she’s shaping a whole lotta people’s desire — just like Pedro!

Rick Ross says he has the blueprint for getting 100 humans to beat up a single gorilla — it’s all in guerrilla warfare recruiting!!!

TMZ Hip Hop linked up with the Biggest Boss in Burbank on Monday and got his take on the most viral topic of the moment.

dream chasn mike gorilla x 1

The post has over 200 million views spawning varying opinions galore … but Ross has it all mapped out.

He’ll recruit the likes of a fearless African warrior, a G.I. Joe — even his brolic new artist Nino Breeze to give the gorilla the lump lumps.

Rozay tells us he’ll simply be the financier of the kamikaze mission … he wouldn’t want to upset his partners and investors if he gets gorilla monsooned!!!

The internet consensus says Ross is setting those guys up for 100 black coffins, but it’s anyone’s guess — until it happens in real life!!!

Monkey business aside, we also racked Ross’ brain about Drake’s pending lawsuit against UMG, considering he went hard at Drizzy during the 2024 Rap Wars.

Rick Ross Car Photos

Rozay can’t wrap his head around Drake’s woes at the moment — he has his 4th annual car show to promote.

It’s going down June 7 at his Promise Land estates in Georgia — bring out all the Chevys riding high and M-m-m-aybach motors!!!

Paris Hilton kisses pregnant woman's belly, donates 350 thousand dollars to the survivors of the earthquake in Mexico

She is considered one of the richest women in the world thanks to the legacy of the Hilton family.

It is about the beautiful Paris Hilton, who has a large number of businesses under her name.

This has made the blonde from time to time participate in various charitable actions.

The 37-year-old star recently stayed in the Mexican state where she distributed bottles of perfume and pillows with her name on the occasion of visiting survivors.

She also took some pictures with some of the people whose houses were destroyed in the 7.1-magnitude earthquake, which left 370 victims and injured 6 others.

At one point, Paris knelt down to kiss a pregnant woman’s belly while also donating $350 to help rebuild the town of San Gregorio.

Otherwise, Paris is estimated to have a fortune of 300 million dollars while she will inherit all the wealth of the Hilton family. /Telegraph/

Bill-Belichick-Jordon-Hudson-youtube-1

Bill Belichick‘s girlfriend doesn’t want to field questions about their relationship … and, she’s not letting him take them either — ’cause she awkwardly shut down a query about how they met during a CBS interview.

The legendary NFL coach — who recently took the job as head of the University of North Carolina football team — sat for a chat on “CBS Sunday Mornings” … discussing his upcoming book “The Art of Winning,” his childhood and his time at the helm of the New England Patriots.

The conversation naturally turned to Jordon Hudson — Bill’s 24-year-old girlfriend … with interviewer Tony Dokoupil asking if Bill listens to the criticism about their relationship.

Coach Belichick responds he’s never let social media hate get to him … and, when Tony tries to dive into the beginnings of their relationship, Jordon — sitting on the sidelines and watching the interview — jumps in.

She says, “We’re not talking about this” … utterly shutting down the question. Dokoupil tries another question about Jordon … but, Bill seems uncomfortable with it — and basically skips the question altogether before the interview moves on.

Bill Belichick interview gets awkward over Robert Kraft, Jordon Hudson questions, CBS Sunday Morning.

Tony labels Jordon a “constant presence” during the interview … and, a photo shared in the news package shows her standing close to Bill during one of the breaks.

Bill Belichick interview gets awkward over Robert Kraft, Jordon Hudson questions, CBS Sunday Morning.

Of course, we know how Bill and Jordon met … the two happened to be sitting next to one another on a plane in 2021 when Jordon was still in college — and they bonded over one of her homework assignments for philosophy.

Jordon’s been a constant presence in Bill’s life over the last year or so … sharing pictures of romantic dinner dates, performing acrobatic stunts together and even hanging around the University of North Carolina stadium.

She might be fine showing their relationship … but, she certainly seems tired of questions about it.